Hey everyone! Since my last post, I have done two TBR videos on my booktube channel for the two big readathons I am taking part in: The Book Junkie Trials (discussed in my previous post) and The Reading Rush! Check out what’s in store for my reading plans below!
While I will be leaving links to my videos here, I do want to talk a bit about the books I have lined up this month. We are going into the third week of July and I’ve read two books so far (I’m behind okay, let’s not talk about it).
For The Book Junkie Trials, I have 5 set books I need to read/accomplish.
- Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno
- The Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab*
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
- Nocturna by Maya Motayne
As I said before, I’ve already read two of the books on this list and have a few reviews lined up for this blog! I’m excited to talk about them, especially the one that made me cry four different times. I have starred A Darker Shade of Magic because I’ve already swapped that book out with another book (listen, it’s my ability as a Scribe in the Book Junkie Trials to swap a book out of my tbr so I DID), and I’m really enjoying that book as well. To see what that book is, keep an eye out for another review/wrap up at the end of the month. I definitely need to light a fire under my toosh if I want to get the rest of these books read, though. Especially since I am ALSO participating in The Reading Rush (formally known as Booktubeathon) this year! I’ve decided I will be vlogging the week of The Reading Rush so if you’re not already following me on YouTube, you definitely should! I will also be doing daily updates on this blog here! So just in case watching a 15-20 minute vlog isn’t your thing – I got you.
So for The Reading Rush, there’s a lot of cool facets to it. There’s a cool website for it! And I have a profile there that, if you’re participating as well, you can follow/add me and we can be friends through this readathon! There are 7 challenges and I’ve decided to set myself up for failure and try to read 7 books, one for each challenge. Now, I’m aware that it will be a rare sight to see if I manage to read and complete all seven challenges; however, why not just try? So I’ve created a tentative list of books to read for the week of July 22nd- July 28th 2019.
- Read a book with purple on the cover: Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey or The Diviners by Libba Bray OR Wicked Fox by Kat Cho (what can I say? I’m indecisive)
- Read a book in the same spot the entire time: Sailor Moon vol. 3
- Read a book you meant to read last year: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Read an author’s first book: Nocturna by Maya Motayne
- Read a book with a non human main character: Touching Paradise by Cleo Peitsche
- Read a book with five or more words in the title: Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi
- Read & watch a book to movie adaptation: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Now the cool thing about doing a month long readathon (The Book Junkie Trials) and doing The Reading Rush, is that my TBR for one can coincide with the other. So you may recognize some of the books on my Book Junkie TBR in this TBR. So those are more likely to be read by the end of the month. But that’s my tentative TBR!
I have quite a few of books I want to get through this month and for it being almost week 3 and only having read two books…… I could use some encouragement/words of endearment to get my butt into gear. Feel free to let me know if you’re participating in The Reading Rush and/or what are some of your book plans this month!
As always, be well.